Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The Hills are Alive!

Fifty years ago, Julie Andrews played a nun and then nanny to seven children in "The Sound of Music." A few months ago, Lady Gaga sang in honor of the movie and Julie at the Academy Awards, which was the inspiration for this week's twinchie prompt. (While the movie earned an Oscar, Ms. Andrews had to settle for a Golden Globe award in 1966 as best actress, but we digress...)

The Sound of Music
You just never know where the thoughts may come from!

The song, "My Favourite Things." describes things that make the character Maria happy:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings, 
These are a few of my favorite things. 
Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels, door bells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles. Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings. 
These are a few of my favorite things. 
Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes, snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes, silver white winters that melt into springs, 
These are a few of my favorite things. 
When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feel so bad.


Pretty!
Awww!
YUM!
What are YOUR favorite things? What makes YOU happy? Show us your "favorite" twinchies!
Send a photo of your Two by Two art along with blog links, if so desired, to:
1xeritas@gmail.com by 2 June 2015 at 2 PM (Arizona time GMT - 7.00)
We'll get everything posted shortly after the Two o'clock deadline.

Also, if you feel you missed out on the past week's Two by Two for "Wildfire," send those along too.  We apologize for the trouble we caused since we experienced some technical challenges, Thank you for your understanding.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you got my twinchie this week. I am enjoying the twinchies. This weeks theme was an easy one for me. I cant wait to see what everyone else does

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Thank you, Freebird! I'm working on the next post as we speak! So glad you're enjoying the twinchies! c

    ReplyDelete