Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Week 42--Quill

There were many different ways to take a "quill," and in true fashion, all of the responses were of different mediums and different interpretations.

First up is Zoe, a quilller from Australia. She created a trio of twinchie abstracts:


These are, according to Zoe,

"A quilled take on abstract paintings (from left) "Black Square" by K. Malevich, "Castle and Sun" by P. Klee and "Composition VIII" by W. Kandinsky. 

Next we have Freebird, a bead artist from Arkansas:


With beads, she "painted" a quill with an ink pot. We ponder what powerful words would pour from that pen! Mightier than the sword, indeed!

Our official response is a merging of quilling and quillwork:


You see? They're all very different, which illustrates how any artist working in just about any medium can participate in the TwobyTwo! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you consider trying the twinchie challenge yourself!
Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. love that Zoe responded. I adore her work and lost the link to her blog so I love that she is joining us. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too! I'm a big fan of Zoe's quilling and naturally, your beading, Freebird! I love seeing the different talents and ideas presented each and every time. I thought this topic was a bit of a stretch and I think we were all successful in our art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I adore Kandinsky; one of my all time faves, but I'm not familiar with the "Composition" series...Oh! More research! c

    ReplyDelete